Dr. Shaykh Mamdouh Moustafa Mahmoud is the resident scholar at Masjid AlSalam. Shaykh Mamdouh joined the Masjid AlSalam community as our resident imam and scholar in March 2017. He received his PhD from the Islamic University of North America in September 2022. He focuses on directing all educational and religious activities that occur at our masjid. He is also available for community members seeking advice on matters of fiqh, counseling, and other related questions. Please make an appointment with him using the calendar shown below, or email him at [email protected] if you need his advice or have questions for him.
Shaykh Mamdouh is supported by the second imam of our masjid, Imam Mohammed Farooqui. Imam Farooqui leads the regular prayers as well as Taraweeh prayers in conjunction with Shaikh Mamdouh.
Please note that ONLY online/phone sessions are offered at this time – no in-person sessions are provided.
Masjid administration reserves the right to cancel appointments for those found abusing the system.
- All programs are currently online
- To make an appointment with Shaykh Mamdouh, please use the option called Appointments with the Imam
- Refer to the Masjid Events Calendar on the Home Page of the website for links to online classes and videos
- Hafiz of Quran with all the 10 recitations and their 20 narration in all variations minor and major ( Al-Ashr As-Sughra & Al-Kubra)
- 1990: Al-Azhar high school diploma ( equivalent to the Alim course in Pakistan)
- 1994: Al-Azhar Bachelor degree in English literature
- 1996: moved to United States to work for ISGH and Darul Arqam schools
- 2003: Ijazah (Certification) in Quranic Recitation (Asim)
- 2004: Moved to MN. Helped with a few local organizations while pursuing advanced Quranic studies with renowned scholars
- 2004-2009: Ijazah in Quranic Recitation (Aisim, Nafi’, Ibn Kathir, Abu Ja’far), 6 books of Hadith and many other branches of Islamic studies
- 2004-2009: Co founder of Building blocks of Islam Minnesota, Islamic jurisprudence council of Minnesota. Taught in Islamic university of Minnesota and helped with activities at difference centers of the Twin cities
- 2009-2011: Helped with activities and programs at ISGH Masjid Al-Ansar
- Ramadan programs, youth mentor-ship, sisters-only intensive Islamic studies program, community engagement, interfaith and weekend school
- 2011: Founded Roots and Sprouts LLC for religious and education consultation serving Muslim and non Muslim clients both individuals and organizations
- 2012: Advanced Ijazah (Certification) in all 10 methods of Quranic recitation (Minor 10)
- 2013: Masters in Adult education and training from University of Phoenix
- 2014: Advanced Ijazah In Quranic recitation (Hafs).
- 2015: Member of AMJA fatwa hotline service receiving calls asking for fatwas from all over north America
- 2016: Advanced comprehensive Iazah in all 10 methods of Quran recitation (Major 10)
- 2016: Member of the Texas Children Hospital Clinical Ethics committee
- Consulted on Islamic rulings
- 2016-present: Resident scholar with ISGH Masjid AlSalam
- 2016: Chosen to represent the Muslim community at the interfaith Ministries of the Woodlands
- Has certified more than 20 Imams and activists in Quranic recitation with a chain to the prophet S.A.A.W
- Have consulted with some well known medical institutions
- Delivered lectures and part of panel discussions on interfaith functions
- Held regular weekly programs for adults, youth and children
- Delivered khutbas and lectures all over Houston. Work with culturally diverse communities.
- Participated in community services (marriages, funerals, religious counseling, mentoring, community gatherings and activities)
- Regular guest at Huda TV and presented few programs on the channel
- Enjoys walking, hunting, fishing and reading
- Imam Farooqui completed Hifzul-Qur’an from Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama in 1987
- Imam Farooqui completed Aalim Studies from Nadwatul Ulama, India in 1994.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
- Imam Farooqui started teaching the Qur’an in India in 1996
- He came to the US in 2001 and served as an Imam & teacher of Hifzul-Qur’an for 5 years in Harrisburg, PA
- Imam Farooqui moved to Texas in 2006 and since then he has been serving as a full-time teacher of Hifzul-Qur’an
- Alhamdulillah more than 18 students have memorized the entire Qur’an under his guidance.
- CURENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Imam Farooqui teaches full-time Hifzul-Qur’an at Masjid Bilal
- He also teaches evening Qur’an classes at Masjid AlSalaam, and serves as the resident imam for that masjid